Saturday 12 May 2012

Saturday 12 May and the Sun is Shining!


The weather finally brightened up today with blue skies and some much needed sunshine. It was great to get back out on the bike. I didn't go very far, about 9 miles but I really enjoyed it and added in a couple of hills to get a bit of burn in the legs. The strong westerly winds also added to the fun.





 The hedges are blooming and crops are coming on. The above pic was taken just a few hundred metres from the A1. It doesn't take much to get away from traffic and find some peace. Saw flocks of Goldfinches feeding along the verges, only the tick tick of the freehub to disturb them.



Standard pic at the bench at Belhaven. Lots of surfers heading out although it didn't look like many were catching waves. I was happy enough to put my feet up and sit in the sun. No need for the flask today.



A good day to remind myself how lucky I am to have places like this on my doorstep.

12 degrees, W f4 gusting 5 clear, sunny, the Swifts have returned and the white saddle was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment